Monday 10 October 2011

Concept for Setting the Quote

"Serene yet strong, majestic yet sedate, swift without violence, without terror great."

For this quote I want to focus on the contrasts between each comparison made. I had an idea to use different font weights and styles from one particular typeface to illustrate this. For example 'swift' could be in italic which creates connotations of motion and 'violence' could be in bold or red signifying its aggressive nature.

I've singled out each of the key words in this quote. Before setting this type on the canvas I want to find suitable styles for each word. This involves finding a suitable typeface that not only reflects the overall tone of the piece but has a range of weights and styles to be used for my idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment