Thursday 6 October 2011

Idea for 'Riverside Living' Extract

This an idea I had for the short poem extract. For this poem I want to highlight the continual flow of the river as mentioned in the poem. I also want to focus on the poet's personal reflection when he sees the river as it's about his own realization when he watches the river. When reading this poem I got the feeling that the poet (or narrative voice) got an increasing sense of insignificance as he writes "It makes me realize just how little I know." I tried to illustrate this using type and colour by having each line gradually fade evermore into the background. I also kerned the type in the last line to increase the sense of distance between the type and emphasize the fading away of the poem. By making the type less and less prominent to the audience I hoped to reflect the poet's feelings of insignificance.

No comments:

Post a Comment